Major disruption to and from London Waterloo expected until further notice
Due to a fire next to the track at Vauxhall some lines are blocked.
Train services running through this station may be cancelled, delayed by up to 60 mins or revised. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.
At around 03:00 this morning, a major fire was reported at Vauxhall near to the line through platforms 3 and 4. Vauxhall station is partially closed to enable emergency service and our response staff to respond and deal with the fire. The line for fast services from Woking and the South West to London Waterloo is now open at a reduced speed. We are still unable to use 4 out of 8 main lines due to the fire at Vauxhall and will be running a very limited service until all lines are reopened.
The following plan will be in place from start of service this morning:
- London Waterloo to Reading will run as scheduled in both directions, but may terminate at Clapham Junction
- London Waterloo to Weybridge will run as scheduled in both directions, but may terminate at Clapham Junction
- London Waterloo to Windsor & Eton Riverside will not run in both directions.
- London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Hounslow & Twickenham will not run
- London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Twickenham & Hounslow will not run
- London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Kingston & Richmond will terminate at Clapham Junction
- London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Richmond & Kingston will start at Clapham Junction
- Farnham to London Waterloo via Ascot services departing at 21 and 51 minutes past will not run
- Shepperton to London Waterloo via Twickenham services departing at 00 and 30 minutes past will not run
- London Waterloo to Portsmouth stations may start and terminate at Woking and Guildford
- London Waterloo to Salisbury and Exeter st Davids will start and terminate at Basingstoke
- London Waterloo to Hampton Court will be cancelled
- A shuttle train service will run between Hampton Court and Surbiton
- Some of our Suburban lines may be subject to short notice alterations.
We are arranging to operate a train shuttle between Staines and Windsor in both directions where possible.
You may use your tickets on Great Western Railway via any reasonable route, Southern Railway between Dorking/Epsom/Clapham Junction and London Victoria, London Buses on all reasonable routes, London Underground, Overground and Tramlink on all reasonable routes, Govia Thameslink services, Cross Country services on all reasonable routes.
We are trying to source road replacement transport and will provide details when we have confirmation that they are in operation. Some replacement transport will be operating:
Replacement buses will replace the through trains between Farnham and Waterloo via Ascot AS FAR AS Ascot, where you will be able to change for trains towards London Waterloo.
Please be aware that stations will be busier than normal and you are strongly advise to check our website before your travel and use alternative routes to travel into London stations as we are currently running a very reduced service this morning.
We will update you throughout the morning with the progress we are making to rectify the damage caused by this fire. With disruption expected to last until the end of service as a result of the significant damage to signalling equipment from the fire, tickets valid for travel today (05 May 2016) will now also be valid for travel tomorrow (06 May 2016).
We are very sorry for the dsiruption to your journey today.
If you would like to make a comment or give us some feedback about your experience with us today, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 0345 6000 650 (option 4) or fill in the contact us webform http://po.st/ContactSWT
Have you been delayed by over an hour ? Please see here for information about compensation - http://po.st/SWTCompensation
For more information about lineside fires and what we're doing to reduce them, please see Delays Explained here: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/timetables-and-travel/delays-explained/lineside-fires/